Dumbbell squats and more leg exercises are included in my lower body dumbbell workout!
I believe that the dumbbell squats are one of best exercises that you can do for your body! Squatting develops strength, builds mass, and burns fat! Doing squats works nearly half of your body’s muscles. The result is a strong hormonal response that carries over to other parts of your body. Squatting benefits the entire muscular system and not just the quads, glutes, and calves.
Don’t worry if you don’t have heavy enough weights. You can simply increase the repetitions. Your legs respond really well to higher repetition training. Grab a pair of your heaviest dumbbells, and let’s get to work!
- Stand with a dumbbell in each hand, at your sides.
- Keep the weight back on your heals, and avoid shifting to the balls of your feet.
- Bend your knees and go as deep as your strength and flexibility allow. I suggest working on going deep enough to tap the dumbbells on the floor. The squat works best if you can take it deeper than 90 degrees. The deeper the squat, the more engaged your hamstrings and the glutes become.
- Prevent your knees from tracking out beyond your toes, or from bowing in.
- Engage your core, keep your chest and head up, and your shoulders back and back flat.