This is a contributed post on weight loss tips by Zurek MD from Webctor.com.
Many of us have tried dieting and/or exercise only to find that ultimately we lose weight initially but are unable to reach our goals and keep it off.
Have you tried every diet under the sun such as Atkins diet, cabbage diet and all protein diet? Have you bought exercise videos and exercise equipment or have tried diet pills? With all this effort you would think the weight would come off and stay off. However, the weight still remains and you become frustrated.
Actually, you’re on the right track but you haven’t carried through far enough. To lose weight and keep it off for the rest of your life requires perseverance and patience. You need to change your lifestyle and stick to it everyday. Read below to find helpful weight loss tips that work and will help you keep on track so that you can obtain your weight loss goals.
Tips to Increase your Motivation
Without some form of motivation you will lose sight of your goals. Listed below are 9 motivational tips to keep you on track to reach your weight loss goals.
- Partnership – There’s no better way to keep motivated if you have a person to compete with and keep an eye on you and tell you when you fall short of the mark.
- Family Support – Let your family know what you’re trying to do so they can keep unacceptable foods out of the house.
- Take Pictures – Nothing is more satisfying than seeing yourself lose weight along the way.
- Skinny Clothes – Hang out those skinny jeans or slim dress and keep looking at it.
- Weighing Scales – Make sure you have a good quality accurate scale. Weigh yourself in the morning.
- Keep a Diary – Set up a schedule for each day and write everything down. It is a good idea to eat and exercise at the same time each day and make a note of it.
- Off Course Days – It is inevitable that you will have days that require eating improper foods or a day you can’t exercise. That’s okay. Make a note and go forward.
- Comparing – If you have a partner, don’t compare your weight loss with theirs. Individuals lose weight at different rates.
- Males and Females Differ – Females lose weight slower than males.
Establish a Plan
- Determine proper weight – When you know what your weight should be subtract that from your current weight to find what you need to lose.
- Time to Lose Weight – set goals that are reasonable. Suppose say 1 to 5 pounds a week.
- Follow your Diary – Your diary will let you know if you are off course so you can make adjustments.
Determine Lifestyle Changes
Determine what you need to do in terms of a weekly schedule and make sure you have a balanced regime. Your lifestyle changes need to become permanent if you want to make your weight loss permanent. Make sure to maintain good sleeping habits and avoid stress.
- Scheduling – Determine what exercises are best for you and set up a plan for the week. Put that in your diary and follow it religiously.
- Keep it interesting – If your exercise time becomes boring, you will lose interest. Try listening to music or watch television if you are indoors.
- Calories – keep an eye on your caloric intake and write it down. The average caloric intake is around 2,000 calories per day. Orient yourself below this level to ensure weight loss.
- Fluids – Stay away from sodas and excessive fruit juice. Water is your best bet.
- Foods – Stay away from hamburger places and other fast food restaurants. Best to eat at home. Eat more fiber and stay away from processed sugar. Eat fruits, vegetables, and lean meats.
- Supplementation – Good idea to take vitamins, however consult with your healthcare provider before you supplement on your own.
Hopefully, these weight loss tips that work will help you meet your weight loss goals. Remember, you must stick with it so this calls for perseverance and patience. As your new lifestyle takes shape, you will find that you won’t want to go back to your old habits. When you get there, success is near at hand.
About the Author – The article was written by Zurek MD, one of the specialists on Webctor.com. The portal is a new health center which is responsible for bringing free and accurate medical information to the Internet. You can follow the portal on Twitter @webctor_com.