What Motivates You to work on your health and fitness? How do you find motivation?
What Motivates You to be the person you want to be?
Sometimes finding motivation is the hardest obstacle to developing a healthier and more fit you! Here is a good place to start. I’ve placed some important articles in an outline here to make them easier for you to find and share with your friends.
Plan Your Success!
- My 5 Year Plan – Plan Your Dreams – Success doesn’t make a habit of just happening to people. I believe that success is something that you have to plan for, to strive for, and to work towards before it can be attained.
- Techniques For Staying Motivated – Here are a few keys to being successful in developing habit-forming behaviors.
- Why You Need to Follow Fitness Websites – Finding health and fitness sites on the internet and keeping up with their newest content is one of my favorite ways to continually find my motivation. I think that it can help you stay motivated too!
- Getting Fit: Dealing With Setbacks, Doubt, and Criticism – Some of the most common hurdles to our motivation are internal, but sometimes we also have to navigate around peers and loved ones who may not be as supportive as we wish.
- Plan Your Workout – A 5 Step Guide To Workout Success – Most worthwhile accomplishments in life require a plan of action to achieve success. Achieving results from your workouts is no different. A plan of action will take out the guesswork, keep you focused, narrow distractions, and lead to the health (and the body) that you’re after!
The Body We Want
- A Picture Says 1000 Words – Taking Before And After Fitness Photos – The body we want doesn’t happen overnight. Sometimes we’re our own worst critics. Read this sensible guide to measuring your progress.
- Inspiration: Shredded Fitness Models – A look at the bodies and nutritional habits of a couple with perfect physiques.
- Go Big or Go Home – Whether your goals are losing weight, getting toned, finding a new career, finding your first career, being a good parent, better friend, or a better artist: start today. Life is short, and there isn’t time to get caught up in those who don’t believe in you. As long as you believe in you, that’s all that matters.
- Get the Fit Girl Look – Being fit is in, and being skinny is out! Thank goodness, too! Skinny is not healthy. A fit girl on the other hand, is powerful, athletic, confident, and sexy!
Stories of Inspiration and Motivation
- Interview: The Fit Musician – Sue Zalokar – Reading the inspirational stories of someone else’s fitness journey is a great way to find our own motivation. My friend Sue Zalokar’s story is one of those. Read about her progress and transformation.
- Reader Spotlight: Jenny M – Cross Training & Marathons – A reader’s inspirational fitness story about accomplishing goals and achieving something she didn’t think possible.
Enjoy Your Fitness – Explore Your World
In the Take a Hike Series, I use my fitness to explore beautiful scenery that would otherwise be inaccessible.
- Take A Hike: The Redwoods
- Take A Hike: Columbia River Gorge – Dog Mountain
- Take A Hike: Crater Lake
- Take A Hike: Mt. Hood – Cooper’s Spur
Push Your Limits
Finding Your Edge is a series of articles I’ve written about contemplating the moments we are caught up in, and discovering our full potential.