If you enjoy the kettlebell alternating press then check out my Kettlebell Moves page for a lot more exercises!
- Clean both kettlebells to the rack position.
- Draw the arms in tight to the body, engage your core, and feel the back and biceps engage.
- Press one kettlebell overhead. Allow external rotation of the arm so that the wrist that was facing you in the rack position, faces away from the body at the height of the press.
- Lock out the arm overhead for just a second.
- Reverse the movement and lower the kettlebell back into the rack position. Use an internal rotation so that the wrist is facing you once you return to the rack.
- Repeat on the other side.
Ensure that you have a firm understanding of the rack position
Keep the hand and wrist aligned with the rest of the forearm.
A loose grip in the hand keeps you from expending energy where you don’t need to. In other words, don’t expend energy unnecessarily.
Feel free to add a slight bounce in the hips to help you with the overhead press.