Check out my Kettlebell Moves page for a lot more exercises!
Kettlebell 1-Arm High Pull
The 1-arm high pull can be considered an intermediate exercise, as you should be proficient with with the 1-arm swing before learning this exercise. Additionally, learning the high pull will prepare you for the more challenging snatch.
Just like all swings, this exercise can really get the heart rate up and burn a lot of calories!
- Set your feet slightly wider than shoulder width, with toes slightly pointed out.
- Scoot your butt back as if you’re going to sit on a stool, and grasp the handle. Keep your head up and eyes out in front of you.
- Swing the bell back between your legs and, with one smooth motion, thrust the hips forward and project the kettlebell forward, in front of you, just as you would with the 1-arm swing.
- At the top of the swing, pull the bell back to the shoulder, leading with your elbow to a bend of about 90 degrees.
- Engage the shoulder and upper back muscles, and push the kettlebell back into the downswing to repeat the exercise.