This year has been all about taking things to the next level. I want to push the boundaries of my capabilities, improve upon everything that I do, and hopefully motivate a few of you in the process. In this spirit, I think that it’s time to do something that I have never done here on JohnnyFit. How about a 28-day fitness challenge?
I’m still hammering out the details, but here are the fitness challenge ideas that I’m leaning towards.
28 Day Fitness Challenge
- Kickoff Monday March 25th and runs for 28 days
- 3 webinar health coaching sessions
- Private Facebook group
- Workout at least 4 times per week
- Stick to your nutrition plan greater than 90 percent of the time
- Daily and weekly check ins
- Free health coaching emails and messaging with me
Why start the fitness challenge on Monday March 25th?
That’s the day that I start phase 2 of my 18 week No-Nonsense Training Program. I’m going to be dialing in on my nutrition during this time, and think that this would be a fun way to be held accountable and build community.
What are the 3 webinar health coach sessions?
We’ll have 3 webinar meetings on WebEx where you can video chat (if you want) or just watch.
- Meeting 1 will be the kickoff meeting where I’ll cover in-person the details of the fitness challenge, set expectations, talk about nutrition and workout plans, and have an open forum for answering any questions that you might have.
- Meeting 2 will take place at the half way mark and address the challenges that we are facing as we strive to improve our fitness, and for motivation and encouragement through the second half.
- Meeting 3 will take place at the end of the challenge. We’ll evaluate ourselves, celebrate our successes, and plan out what’s next.
Why a private Facebook group?
Not everyone on my Facebook page will participate, so having a private group will prevent spamming anything to those who aren’t interested.
Why workout only 4 times per week?
That’s the minimum amount of workouts per week that is required to complete the fitness challenge. You’re more than welcome to workout more than that.
What’s with sticking to the a nutrition plan 90 percent of the time?
I believe in allowing some wiggle room in regards to your nutrition. I don’t want you to avoid going out to a dinner, and I believe that you should celebrate a friend’s birthday with a piece of cake, and other things along those lines. In other words, I want you to be able to live a little and still succeed at this challenge. No matter what nutrition plan you follow, just stick to it more than 90 percent of the time!
Free health coaching?
That’s right! Those participating in the fitness challenge can have daily access to me via messaging and email to discuss all of the details of your fitness and nutrition plans. I can help put some workouts together for you, and give you plenty of guidance on what to eat.
What I can’t and won’t do is do the workouts for you!
Who’s up for a fitness challenge? Shoot me an email, contact me on Facebook, or leave a comment below, and I’ll make sure to keep you in the loop.
Also, I’ll post on this again next week to provide more details.