I encourage you to warm up your body before a workout. Before stressing your muscles and challenging them with heavy loads, do dynamic exercise that gets the heart rate up, heats up the body, and loosens the muscles. This workout warm up sequence does all of that.
Workout Warm UpYou want your warm up to include movement as opposed to static stretching. I created this warm up routine because I wanted a great dynamic warm up I can give to my clients that doesn’t require much space. This workout warm up sequence:
- Gets the heart rate up;
- Opens up the hips, groin, chest, and shoulders;
- Loosens the spine for flexation, extension, and rotation;
- Activates all of the major muscles of the body and their supporting muscles;
- Focuses your mind.
3 Reasons To Warm Up Before Your Workout
- Improve the range of motion of your joints.
- Increasing your body temperature contributes to faster muscle contraction and relaxation.