After trying the full body crunch, check out my Bodyweight Exercises page for a lot more exercises!
Full Body CrunchIt’s good to have a lot of abdominal exercises in your bag of tricks. It’s important to work the core frequently, and often. Here’s a great ab exercise to keep handy for the next time you need something besides a regular old crunch! The full body crunch is a great abdominal exercise that I like to include in my bootcamps and yoga classes. It works the full range of core muscles, and it doesn’t take very many before you’ll feel it everywhere! This crunch exercise is really challenging and effective. I really like to include it in my own workouts and yoga abs. Whenever I use it in one of my bootcamps, I hear the groans and feedback that let me know for sure that it’s really working!
- Extend your hands overhead, and your toes into the opposite direction.
- Raise your feet and then your hands 3-4 inches off the floor.
- Exhale and bring the knees to the chest, while driving the elbows to the sides of the body. Maybe even draw the forehead towards the knees for a complete crunch position.
- Inhale, extend the arms and legs with the fingertips and feet pointing towards the ceiling. Reach high enough to pull the shoulder blades off the floor.
- Exhale, slowly lower the entire body back to starting position.
- Inhale, then repeat the exercise on the exhale.