The kettlebell bottom up twist is another good kettlebell abdominal exercise that involves rotational movement. After trying this exercise, check out my kettlebell moves page for a lot more kettlebell exercises!
- Swing the kettlebell to bottom-up position, and hold by the handles in front of your sternum.
- Engage your core, biceps, and forearms.
- Rotate from the hips from side to side.
- Work the full range of motion in your hips, yet keep your feet planted, and your knees sturdy.
- Work it for repetition or time, and then lower the kettlebell back down between your legs.
Use this exercise between more powerful and strenuous movements in order to give your major muscle groups a rest, or at the end of the workout when your core is already fatigued.
Make sure that you keep your midsection engaged during the entire rotation to stabilize the lower spine.
Sequence this exercise into a series of abdominal and core work with other exercises like:
- Lateral Crunch
- Sit-Up variations using a kettlebell
- The Russian Twist
- Bottom Up Pullover
- Around the World
- and the Half Getup